Our facilities can accommodate a variety of groups and functions with a multitude of spaces to suit diverse needs, such as worship services, meetings, programs, conferences, recitals, seminars, etc. Our largest space can hold 750 people.
We look forward to talking with you about your needs. When planning your next event, contact us at:
Center for Ethics & Religious Affairs (CERA)
The Pasquerilla Spiritual Center-Eisenhower Chapel
Phone: (814) 865-6548
Fax: (814) 863-7251
Planning an event at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
When to Make a Reservation
Please contact CERA to discuss your needs. Depending on the nature of the event, reservations for space may be made up to two years in advance. Please note that worship services take precedence over other events.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If Penn State Recognized Student Groups are requesting UPAC funding for an event, you must first contact The Program Registration Office in 125-A HUB-Robeson Cultural Center for funding approval before scheduling space for an event.
How to Reserve Space
To reserve a space in The Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, please visit the online reservations page and complete the form. All of the fields on the form that are marked with a red asterisk must be completed.
Please note: To schedule space in The Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, the HUB-Robeson Center, Paul Robeson Cultural Center or Residence life, you will need to create an account. For more information about creating an account, click here (pdf).
CERA's affiliated religious/spiritual student organizations must designate 1-3 persons as room requestors. These individuals will be able to edit and/or cancel any requests.
You will need the following information for your reservation:
- Student Organization/Department name
- Authorized requester's name, mailing address, phone, and e-mail address
- Contact person's name (Person in charge of the event)
- Date(s) of event
- Anticipated attendance
- Start and end time of the event
- Pre-access and post access time
- Type of space requested
- Title and description of the event
- Indicate if food is to be served, and by whom
- Room and/or audio visual set-up needs
Whether you are a Penn State Recognized student Organization, University Department, or Public entity holding an event in the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center/Eisenhower Chapel, if you/your group intend to bring in guests who are not Penn State students/employees. Penn State requires that you/your group complete a contract (i.e. Speaker; Master Agreement; Vendor; Disc Jockey; or Lighting, Stage and/or Sound) through the Center for Ethics and Religious Affairs.
Contract requirements include paid and non-paid visitors. Contracts may also take longer for student groups when UPAC funding is involved and/or ASA approval is needed.
Religious/Spiritual groups may be exempt from the completion of a Speaker contract. Groups who bring in their Bishop, another priest, someone from a synod, or any other religious/spiritual leaders associated with their local or national organization who provide financial support for their student organization will not be required to complete the Speaker contract unless the religious/spiritual student organization is paying for travel, lodging, food, etc. Please contact CERA staff prior to the event to discuss whether or not this exemption applies to your event.
Types of Contracts/Agreements
- Lighting, Stage, and Sound
- Master Agreement (artist-musician; actor/actress; or performers)
- Vendor (commercial activity; sales and/or promotions; fund-raising activities including sale of products the student organization does not own)
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
1) If you represent a Student Organization and expect to feature a performance by an artist-musician; actor/actress; disc joskey; distinguished speaker or any other type of entertainment at a campus building other than the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center-Eisenhower Chapel, you will need to stop by the Student Organization Contract Room in 230 HUB-Robeson Center and complete the required contracts.
2) Any reservations that require University contracts need to be submitted at least six weeks in advance. If reservations requiring these services are received with a minimum of less than four weeks' notice, they may be refused due to time constraints, staffing restrictions, and/or other limitations.
3) Please contact CERA to make an appointment to discuss this process, if in question.
Once your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation from CERA staff via email. The confirmation will show reservation status of "confirmed" or "tentative." The person who initiated the request is responsible for reviewing and verifying the confirmation for any special, additional notes from CERA staff. If the status of your request is tentative, you will need to email CERA with requirements for set up, audio/visual, special permission, and any additional needs (i.e., extension cords, easels, flip charts, etc.). For reservation conflicts, CERA staff will follow up with the room requestor to identify or discuss other potential options.
After your reservation has been made, CERA will send you a confirmation via email. You will not receive confirmation until we have all of the necessary set-up information. If CERA does do not receive the confirmed details of your event by the date indicated on your reservation, preferably one-week prior to the event, your space could be cancelled and booked to another organization.
Internet & Video Projection Needs
Special arrangements for internet connections and computer connections to video projectors must be made 2 weeks prior to the event to ensure that ample time is available to connect, configure, and test equipment. Special set-up arrangements may not be available on the day of your event, CERA reserves the right to refuse the request. Please see the Rental Rates section below for a list of available AV equipment and rates.
Cancellations or Charges
If you need to alter or cancel your reservations, the room requestor who initiated the request is responsible for making those changes and/or cancelling the reservation. Please note: Changes or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will result in charges.
Day of the Event
On the day of your event, come to the CERA office and introduce yourself to the staff. We can then make sure that the room is unlocked and you have what you need. We value you and want to facilitate your plans for a successful event in the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center-Eisenhower Chapel. The success of your event depends on both of us.
When planning programs and other events where food may be served on campus, student organizations must request approval to do so. Approval to conduct these activities must be obtained in advance through the CERA office two weeks prior to the event. Food can only be brought to the facilities to serve in accordance with University Policy AD26.
Because of the ongoing concern regarding the safe and proper handling of food products, food served at events will be limited to:
- Products prepared by a commercial or University food service
- Products that are prepackaged
- No home-prepared foods may be served, unless the meeting is a closed meeting and not serving members outside of the group/organization
Internal Food Services Provider
At University Park, student organizations can contact JAVA Catering to provide on-campus catering support. JAVA will work with each student group to determine the most effective way to coordinate an activity where food is being served. Individual recipes will be considered, and students will be able to assist in the preparation and serving of the food.
External Food Services Provider
If the preparation and serving of food is not done by University food service departments, the University will require adequate insurance from the contracted provider. The Risk Management Office has established insurance standards and is to be contacted in advance of the function so they may determine if the contracted provider meets all requirements.
Room Rental Rates
The cost of renting the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center facilities for your student organization, university department, or non-university event is determined by its affiliation with the university. Determine which of the following categories best describes your organization or group in order to find the appropriate rental rates:
- Affiliated Religious/Spiritual Student Organizations: not subject to room rental fees.
- All other Student Organizations (PDF)
- University Departments/Units (PDF)
- Non-University Groups (PDF)
CERA Floor Plans
See where our meeting rooms are located as you view the floorplans of the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center-Eisenhower Chapel (PDF).
Equipment Rental Rates
Here is a list of the facility's equipment and rental rates. (pdf)
Directions to University Park Campus
Please select the best choice of travel to University Park Campus from various routes Parking & Driving Directions